Treasures are found in simple things
This is the first day of my very new and exciting blog.
“Nuggets of Gold” is intended to pass on treasures of information that I or others have gleaned along life’s journey.
Like the unfinished canvas to the right, one has to start somewhere to get where you want to go.
Like a good old favorite pair of blue jeans, a golden nugget of truth and wisdom, wears well.
My Nugget for today comes from Hugh McLeod, advertising guru and cartoonist. http://www.gapingvoid.com
Here are a few of Hugh’s helpful tips on
“How to be Creative”:
“1. Everyone has their own private Mt. Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
2. You are responsible for your own experience.
3. Never compare your insides with somebody else’s outside.
4. Merit can be bought. Passion can’t.
5. Avoid the watercooler gang.
6. Sing in your own voice.
7. Write from the heart.
8. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
9. Power is never given. Power is taken.
10. Don’t worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
11. The hardest part about being creative is getting used to it.